That is the only way to describe my weekend.
Airline troubles were the direct cause of my husband having to work from 7 AM until after 10 PM on Friday. One of his employees was stuck somewhere in the country and couldn't make his shift, as a result hubby had to stay to help out. The kids were pretty good. The Princess and I hit Babies R Us and Target with a couple of friends to pick up some stuff for our friend with the new baby (update on them in a minute). I had a wicked case of insomnia due to anxiety and excitement.
Saturday morning started much earlier than I wanted. There was a casting call for the show Deal or No Deal & I went and stood in line. I got down there later than I wanted to but it all worked out in the end. I got in line at about 9:10 AM and I was done at 4:30 PM. Seven and a half hours for a 20 second interview (not exaggerating, I got 20 seconds to give my name and say something about myself). I didn't move on from there but that isn't to say that they won't pick my application out of the pile months from now and call. I'm not sorry I went down, I would have been mad at myself if I didn't do it. It was a beautiful day so the first 4 hours spent outside weren't horrible. I ended up with a sunburn, but it isn't too bad. The line moved at a very slow but steady pace so I ended up standing the entire time. The gal in front of me had a darling baby girl and I found out she knows a friend of mine who lives 2 hours away. It is funny how small the world gets. After I got home a friend stopped by and I made a bracelet for my favorite baby girl. Then I was "forced" to go out to dinner with my friend. I was too tired to argue with her and I needed to eat. LOL. I fell into bed and didn't move much the whole night.
Sunday started too early (again). Plans were to head up north to take some goodies to my friend who delivered her baby early. We had some running around to do first, dropped the kids off with the grandparents, and then we were off to the hospital. Mama and baby boy are doing well. Mom should be heading home in a day or two. Anden's early arrival was due to HELLP syndrome which is thought to be a form of preeclampsia. The only "cure" is delivery. If you want to follow Anden's progress you can read here. After rounding up the children we came home and I sat comatose on the couch for a bit. I laid down for a few minutes and ended up taking a nap for 2 hours. I guess standing around in line all day is more exhausting than I thought it would be! Hubby took care of feeding and bathing the kids since I was not much help. I slept hard again and other than a head cold (or allergies) I'm feeling much better today!
It doesn't seem like much now that I've typed it out but trust me it was!
Heather
0 comments:
Post a Comment