A friend did this more than a month ago and I have been working on it since then. Yes, it took me a month to come up with 10 movies I liked enough to quote. Or narrow down to 10 movies or something like that. This was hard for someone who's mom worked in a video store when they were growing up, worked in a video store herself, AND worked at a movie theater. Plus I'm just a movie junkie in general.
Here are the rules (changed slightly because that is the way I am):
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies (these may not be my very favorite, but ones I really enjoy).
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, put who got it and the movie.
5. Guessers: NO GOOGLING or using IMDB search functions. What fun is winning if you had to cheat to do it?
6. One movie guess per person. Give people a chance to guess. I'll come back and give the OK for a free-for-all so you can guess more if they haven't been answered in a day or so. I may add a second quote to help you out if you are having troubles.
7. Put your guesses in the comments.
8. Be patient with me. Hubby has the day off so I'm going to do something other than hover, waiting for answers. I do have a life sometimes. Not frequently, but occasionally.
Ready??????? Set??????
1. "One what? Cute couple? I don't think so!" Sandy finally popped in and got this one! It is Buffy the Vampire Killer.
2. "I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that for being born under a wrong sign?" Jack guessed Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
3."Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus." And this is American Beauty guessed by Aleshia.
4. "Sometimes you gotta ask yourself, was the juice worth the squeeze?" Aleshia guessed The Girl Next Door
5. "You know what's better than getting mad? Getting even." Girl's Just Want To Have Fun guessed by Comsats.
6. "Did Doogie Houser just steal my ****ing car?" Tracey is the winner. It is Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.
7. "You know how they say we only use 10 percent of our brains? I think we only use 10 percent of our hearts." Comsats got this one too, Wedding Crashers
8. "Cancer? Oh my God! I'm gonna go bald and have to eat macrobiotic food!" Noodle came back for another guess and got Muriel's Wedding. You have to love any movie where ABBA is featured.
9. "I do ballet because it has nothing to do with the people. Give me tiaras and boys in tights any day."
10. "The long arm of the law has embraced our dear friend Warren." I knew Noodle would get this one!
And a bonus:
11. "I can't fire them. I hired these guys for three days a week and they just started showing up every day. That was four years ago."Linda's guess was correct (she knew the plot and actors but couldn't remember the name. LOL) It is High Fidelity.
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heather
8 comments:
Oooooh, you knew that I would guess #10! Empire Records! LOVE that movie! :)
This is Tracey. I guess #6 is Harold & Kumar and # 11 High Fidelity? 2, 3, and 5 all sound very familiar but I'll have to think on them!
I posted and then deleted as I wasn't sure you wanted them here ...
5. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
6. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
7. Wedding Crashers
is #3 parenthood? steve martin??
the bonus one is that record store movie with john cusak and jack black i think, but i dont know the name of it
its me pootyboys-linda
All the guesses so far are correct! Any one else want to try?
"One what? Cute couple? I don't think so!"
LOL!!! BUFFY!!
Was that one for me! ;)
I think I am going to have to watch that one this week! Love Ya!
Well, I know another one if it's allowed . . . #8 is Muriel's Wedding. I love me some ABBA.
3 is American Beauty. Love it.
That juicy sqeezy one is The Girl Next Door... I hope.
Post a Comment