CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The ups and downs of life.

Things have been very busy around our house since school started. The funny thing is that my days (from 8 AM to 3 PM) are pretty slow. But once the kids get home from school we have homework, dinner, and before you know it bedtime has arrived. Depending on which day of the week it is we also have scouts, religious education, therapy, and what ever else we can fit in. I really try to get any and all shopping done while the kids are away so I don't have to deal with them.


So because of the crazy schedule I haven't been on the computer very much. Or answering the phone. My friends think I don't love them anymore. But I really do. I just can't talk when we are doing homework or the kids are trying to kill each other so that leaves the 30 seconds I lock myself in the bathroom to pee. Do you really want to talk to me while I'm in the bathroom?

Our good news this week is that Gavin is getting a promotion of sorts at work. And it comes with a small raise. Yeah! The best part is that it is MUCH closer to our house. Like a fourth of the distance. Since he lives at the store part time hopefully this will transfer time back to our house. I'm not holding my breath though.

The bad news this week is that my grandmother is in the hospital. They are pretty sure (given the test results that have come in so far) that she has a tumor in her gallbladder. A quick search on the subject gives a very poor outcome. If you catch it in stage 1 the prognosis is pretty good. But there are usually no symptoms in stage 1 and they sort of find it by luck. Gran has lots of symptoms including a tumor bigger than an orange but smaller than a grapefruit so we are looking at something past stage 1. Which means they can not operate because it has spread to the liver and the surrounding lymph nodes. So her choices are radiation and chemo to prolong life or to do nothing. Gran will be 87 this November and I have no idea which option she will choose. She has diabetes (which is poorly controlled) and heart problems as well. In fact, her diabetes needs to be under control before they can go in and put in a stint to help the backup of bile in the gallbladder. Sigh.

So if you can say a little prayer for our family and Gran I would appreciate it. She is my only living grandparent. My mom is in shock and pretty much numb. My brother is upset and I don't know what to think right now. I'm sure it will sink in soon.

Heather

3 comments:

Noodle said...

Oh, no. I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

Congrats on the new (closer!) job though.

helderheid said...

Oh Heather. I am so sorry about your Gran. :( I'm praying for you.

buttafly said...

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way for your Gran.