One kid had a Dr. appointment tonight so I knew it was going to be a late dinner. Either that or we could eat at 4 PM. The kids voted for 7 PM and I gave them a snack at 4 PM before we left.
I picked up Papa Murphy's pizza on the way home. Came in the house and turned on the oven. I actually have two ovens (little one with a regular sized under it) so it is perfect for cooking pizza. It takes a bit to preheat but I'm used to it. When the oven beeped that it was ready I swear I didn't even have time to blink when the power went off. For the entire block. I waited about 20 minutes before rounding the kids up to go out to eat. They thought it was the coolest thing ever. Mom, not so much.
So strike one. Power goes out.
Strike two-Mom was really in the mood for her garlic sauce, spinach, artichoke and tomato pizza too.
Strike three. DVR recorded the first 15 min of the season premier of Smallville before the power went out. It only got 4 minutes of another show I was recording too. I found Smallville running again on Sunday so hopefully I will get to watch it. I think I'm going to have to go looking for the other show online. I won't say where or how though, I don't want you to be an accessory.
I would say three strikes you're out but I wasn't out, just out of luck. The power was back on when we got home and as soon as the satellite did it's searching it flickered back on and off again so I had to reset everything. Thankfully I have priorities and I hadn't reset the clocks yet.
What a freaking pain in the ass. If the power goes off again today I'm running away. Emmy thought the movie theater was a great place to hide when you were waiting for the power to come back on. I think that is a FABULOUS idea!
Heather
0 comments:
Post a Comment