CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

This may be the end...

I have been feeling off for the last couple of days and my illness has taken a turn for the worst this evening. Normally I would pull up my big girl panties and deal with it. Life can't stop because Mommy isn't feeling well (or has had her appendix out). The world would stop turning if Mom's took time off when they were sick.

But today I've decided that I'm going to treat this illness like a man. If you have a man, you have already figured out that I am on the brink of death, one foot in the grave. Other simple minded people might tell you that it is a "common" cold but I know the truth.

The uneducated would say that I have a "tickle" in my throat but I know the truth. I am most likely getting tonsillitis (I still have my tonsils). My stuffy nose is most certainly a sinus infection and I'm sure the headache is the early signs of a brain tumor. I don't even know what is causing the cold hands and feet, let alone the slight fever. I am going to have to Google my symptoms to make sure it isn't the Ebola virus. On top of it all I am exhausted so I won't be able to do anything on my own. This includes
(but is not limited to) cleaning the house, laundry, anything at all for the children, cook meals, home repairs and possibly dressing myself.

I know that there are many out there who care for me but please, don't call. I do not think I have the strength to answer the phone. Holding it up to my ear is just to taxing on my body and may further lower my immune system. I may have the strength to reply to text messages though.

I am going to go now so I can conserve as much energy as possible so I can let my spouse know exactly how poorly I am doing when he gets home from work. I don't want him to feel left out on anything so I may start dictating notes to the children.

Heather

0 comments: