CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Star Student

The elementary school that my youngest two kids attend has a program where kids are recognized for being good. There are six themes (the first being responsibility) and there is an assembly every six weeks or so. The only other theme I remember is respect. Bad mom!

I got a note yesterday that Matt was going to be getting an award so this afternoon I was off to school. I even got there 30 minutes early so I could get a good seat! Prime photo options here people. Too bad I forgot the zoom lens for the camera.

So here is our Star Student getting his certificate and pin:



And posing for mom:



Not the best photo but mom wasn't feeling great and her goal was to get home soon. We took a few minutes to have a treat (cookies provided by the lunch room). There were plenty of cookies left so I suggested Matt have another one before going back to class. There was only about 20 minutes until the end of the day so I wasn't too worried about hurrying. Matt thought for a minute and then told me "I would like to but it is probably best if I get back to my classroom." The kid kills me! What a hoot.

Heather

0 comments: