CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I've gotten lost!

I have been "helping" my oldest son in the last few weeks and I haven't had much online time. I use the word help in a very open manner because he wouldn't admit that it is help. In fact, I think he would say something along the lines of bugging the hell out of him. C'est la vie when you are 12 and can't manage to get your homework done and/or turned in, let alone all of that done on TIME.

I have been joking that I am repeating the 7th grade. The work is much easier this time around but I think I have lots more stress than I did in 19... a few years ago. I'd be happy with the body I had then though! I was skinny as a rail, I could eat anything and I still had boobs. LOL. They were probably about the same size they are now that I had surgery. But mainly it was the skinny and didn't have to worry about what I ate. I could have done without the hair cut and braces I sported back then. And my glasses were fine back then but now you look at them and wonder what were my parents thinking???

Other than the stress I caused myself by not doing my homework (deja vu anyone?) junior high wasn't a huge ordeal for me. I was in a program where I did "normal" history classes with kids in my same grade and everything else was high school classes. The program was at one of the local high schools for 7th grade and then moved to another school for 8th grade. I tell ya, nothing like being 13 and taking gym with freshman and sophomores to help your self esteem over being a total nerd. Ok, maybe I don't want to go back to being 12 (or 13). I never had problems with acne so that wasn't a huge ordeal. Mostly I was short. And really skinny. I might have to look for a picture so you can all make fun of me. Yep, top priority on my to do list.

Speaking of to do lists, Christmas will be here in just a few short weeks. I'm not ready. At all. I have decided what to get the kids so that is half the battle right? Now to hunt down the items. Thank goodness for the internet. I'm planning on doing a huge chunk of shopping this afternoon while I watch tv. Delivered to the door is my favorite way to shop!

So until I have some time to come back and ramble I hope you are all doing well. Don't miss me too much!!

Heather

0 comments: