CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Another update on my Grandma

The Dr.'s finally figured out what is wrong with her. She has some nasty cancer that the chief of oncology for Huntsman Cancer Institute in Utah has never seen in 25 years of practice. Hey, it goes without saying that it would be rare, that is how we do things in our family. LOL. The official name is poorly differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma. Fancy words for cancer we really can't do anything about.


Gran will be released from the hospital most likely on Friday. She is going to stay with one of her daughters. She has elected to not have any treatment, which is fine because it really sounded like the chemo was more likely to kill her than do any good.

I'm not sure how much time she has left with us, the generous estimate is a few weeks. The best news is that she will never have to test her blood sugar again, she can eat what she wants when she wants, and as my mom put it "you can act like you are 5 again!" Hey it sounds like a good plan to me!! I pray that she will go quickly and with as little pain as possible. I would hate for her to be drugged on pain killers, not knowing what is going on, for weeks on end. No one deserves to pass on that way. Ok, maybe there are some people who deserve it, but not my grandma!

I truly appreciate all of the love and support my friends have shown me in the last week. I am actually dealing with things pretty well. Better than I would have though and much better than some might guess given past emotional roller coaster rides. I am doing my best to focus on the positive and stay happy so I can heal from my upcoming surgery quickly. Thank you for checking on me and being my friend.

Heather

1 comments:

Sandy said...

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers! Love you sweetie! I know I am far away but I am always here for you! XOXOXO