CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Oops!

There was a community yard sale today and my mom and I were fortunate enough to get a spot. I had a bunch of rubber stamps and scrapbooking paper to get rid of, along with some random items like a stroller and a vacuum. The good news is that I told quite a bit and made about $200! I only bought one thing, a double gumball machine. Since my oldest has a peanut allergy he hasn't ever been allowed to eat candy from those types of machines. The chances that something might be contaminated is just too high. It isn't worth his health for a quarter of Skittles (or whatever). So my plan is to fill the machine up with safe treats and perhaps bribe him with quarters for good behavior! LOL

The bad news is that I forgot to put on sunscreen before spending almost seven hours outside. Granted the morning started before 7 AM, but come 11 AM I was feeling a little toasty. I DID put sunscreen on at one point but alas too little too late. I am fried. Beet red. With the exception of the outline of my sunglasses. What an idiot. I should know better. I'm putting sunscreen in the car in the AM and it will stay for the rest of teh summer!! This is the last sunburn I am going to be responsible for this summer. Promise me that you will stay safe and pasty white, ok?

Heather

2 comments:

Noodle said...

Ouch on the sunburn! Way to go on the sales though! The most I've ever made at a yard sale was $86. Not worth it, especially since some of those people scare me.

Heather said...

You can't just describe yourself as a white eyed lobster and not post a picture.... ;)