CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 05, 2008

Are you sure about that?

It is very interesting how three children who share the same two parents can be so completely different. I don't expect them to be little carbon copies of each other, but I did think they would be a little more similar than they are. The boys are completely different, black and white, oil and water so when The Princess came along I thought she might be somewhere in the middle. Nope, instead we have another point to make a triangle.

She gets all dressed up in her pretty dresses and goes outside to dig in the dirt. She plays hard and doesn't quit until she is exhausted. She is also capable of sitting down and playing with the same thing for hours. Baby dolls, Barbies, dress up, the Little People, Play Doh, etc. The oldest brother either gets distracted (ADD) or is too wiggly (the H in ADHD). The middle brother is capable of playing like that but he would rather be outside exploring or reading a non-fiction book.

Yesterday The Princess was playing with her Play Doh. They now have these soft packs that come with a free shape cutter (cookie cutter). We opened a new pack and she dug the cutter out and then asked me what the shape was. It was a fat duck. You could see his beak, his tummy, feet, up to the tail, the back, then the top of the head and back to the beak. I told her it was a duck. She gave me a wrinkled brow and said "I don't see it". I pointed out all the features and handed it back.

Her very serious response- "If you say so".

I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing. It was so deadpan and she meant ever single word. Even after we cut out a duck she didn't see the duck. But Mom knows everything, right? So if I say so then it must be true. If only I could keep her believing this until I die. Even after that would be great! I have lots to share that I hope she believes forever.

Heather

1 comments:

Noodle said...

I understand! My two are completely different. Neither of them believes without questioning though. It makes for fun discussions, but --whew-- it can be frustrating at times!