Honestly, I didn't do anything! It seems my friends post has worried a few people so I've got some 'splain to do.
Just don't get mad at me, ok?
I signed up to get the quote of the day and that was yesterdays quote. I thought it fit my life so I shared it. TA-DA. The End. Really, that was all it was. And yet you are worried about me. I feel loved!
Not that I was feeling short on love today. Did you know it is National Turn Off Your TV Week? The kids are participating so the TV is off all day. Emily and I had s-e-v-e-r-a-l hours to kill before the boys came home from school. I was deep in a book so I tried to get her to play with herself instead of me. It mostly worked, though she had to play at my feet all day. Barbie, Ponies, and mini Cabbage Patch Kids were her focus. I only had to help dress a few dolls so it was pretty painless. I felt bad that I wanted to read but I was ssooooooo close to the end! LOL.
Every 30 minutes or so Em would climb into bed with me, shower me with hugs and kisses and try to get away before I could return the love. She endured my tickles and kisses for a few minutes then she would politely request to go back to play. SILLY girl!
Two days with no TV and three to go. The kids said it was OK if I watched my TV shows after they were in bed. Thank goodness, I don't know if I could manage to go a whole week without TV. I know that is horrible but it is my way to unwind at the end of the day. And there are days when I need to unwind. Days when a stiff drink and a bubble bath wouldn't help Mother Teresa! But I haven't had one that bad in a while so cross your fingers that it doesn't happen now that I've mentioned it.
Heather
1 comments:
BWHAHAHA!! Girl, use the guile! "Well . . . I can tell you that the police weren't called." LOL!
I didn't know that it was Turn off the TV week. We don't watch it all that much anyway. :)
Post a Comment