Even though as a parent I have graduated from high school and even went to college for a couple of years, I still have homework EVERY NIGHT!! Holy cow. I can't wait for school to be finished. With three kids in school I'm exhausted. The projects they get are wearing me out.
The Princess was given an optional project of researching any topic she wanted and doing a presentation for the class. Sounds easy enough. Until we procrastinated too much and got to the deadline. We have been reading online and we checked out some books from the library but there wasn't anything down on paper. I tried to talk her out of it (there wasn't a grade or anything) but she was adinment that she waned to do this. So I stayed up last night printing photos and facts & then I had to get creative. I'm going to blame my passion for scrapbooking. Everything was cut beautifully, backed in a colored paper (not construction paper either). I left it all out so she could decide where she wanted it all placed. I wasn't able to make it for her presentation (I'll get to that in a minute) but I was told she did great. She got a gold medal on a red, white, and blue ribbon as a reward. When she got home she told me that I deserved the medal since I stayed up late printing everything. What a sweetie! I told her that she was the one that did the hard work- getting up in front a room of people isn't easy!
Heather
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Things I never knew about being a parent
Posted by Heather at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment