I met with another plastic surgeon today. I was referred to her by a friend who really liked her when she had to have surgery a couple of years ago. The Dr. was very thorough with her questions, explanations, etc.
The funny part was when she told me that she doesn't think I need any surgery. LOL. She said I looked great as I am :-) Nice boost to my ego there! She did agree that I have classic saggy boobs. And that I might be happier with my belly if I had the loose skin removed. The only way to get rid of that roll that goes over my pants is probably what is called a body lift. Basically they go completely around the body, remove the extra skin and then you have a scar around your entire body. A little drastic IMO and there is no way I'm signing up for that! I'm still not sure about having a tummy tuck (even though I have no problem with the breast reduction).
The Dr. today also said she would do a vertical, or short scar, incision. I'm all for that since it will look MUCH better after it is finished. The only problem is that her first opening isn't until the first week of July which doesn't give me enough time to heal before my trip to Florida at the end of the month. I'm also waiting to hear back on how much she would charge for everything. She does keep you in the hospital overnight to keep an eye on everything, esp. when having more than one procedure done.
At this point I just don't know what I'm going to do. I finally got up enough nerve to go have these consultations and now I'm not sure who I'm going to see and/or what I'm going to do. I am starting to come around to reality and I'm seeing that the weight loss goal I set back in November 2006 may never happen. I have lost a great deal of weight and I am SO much happier with how I look and feel, I just don't know if it is a reality that I'm going to drop another 20 pounds. I do understand that I have much more muscle than I did the last time I was at my "target" weight so I'm not going to weigh the same amount as I did back then. After all muscle does weigh more than fat.
I guess if I have to wait until August that just gives me more time to try to drop some more weight. I really need to get my act together and get working out more. Right now I'm just being lazy. I Don't have any excuses other than I'm out of my routine and I'm not trying very hard to get back. The kids will be out of school in a week so I won't have to plan my exercise around them.
That is probably enough of my ramblings. If you have any input PLEASE share!!
Heather
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Another consultation today.
Posted by Heather at 12:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment