CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Box Tops, Labels and Scissors OH MY!

A couple of months ago I told my oldest son's teacher that I would be happy to help trim, sort, and bundle the Box Tops for the school. His teacher is in charge of the program for the school along with the Labels for Education with Campbell's and a program with milk caps.

What did I get myself into?!?!?! He brought the first box home on Monday. Half a day later and I had weeded out all the expired coupons and trimmed most of them. I finished yesterday AM and started putting them into groups of 50. Then the kid came home with another box. So I worked on it all last night (thank goodness I had plenty of TV recorded to the DVR). And this AM. And this afternoon. Then SURPRISE he brought home two more freaking boxes today. He swears it is the last of them.

If you collect Box Tops or Campbell's soup labels for your child's school can I make a few suggestions?

1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE trim the Box Tops on the dotted lines provided. PLEASE. Did I mention PLEASE?

2. Please make sure that the whole coupon is there. Tape it back together if you need to. If you are missing the expiration date it can't be sent in and the person doing the sorting won't be counting how much money s/he is throwing in the trash.

3. Don't send in expired coupons. See previous point for reason.

4. Campbell's changed what they want to sent in. They want the UPC code along with the little kid next to it holding a pencil (or some say Labels for Education). The newer labels have dotted lines to cut upon, I suggest you cut on the lines. Again USE TAPE if you don't have everything. This should actually make things easier since they are smaller, you don't need to peel the entire label off the can, etc.

5. If you are feeling really ambitious you might want to send the Box Tops in one envelope and the soup labels in another. It makes sorting easier!

You might want to check out these links to see what products you can save labels from. I was surprised at some of them (Goldfish crackers). Here are the Box Tops and here are the Campbell's.

And thank you for taking the time to help your local school. If you don't have a school you are supporting feel free to send them my way! LOL.

Heather

2 comments:

buttafly said...

Yuck, Heather. I cannot imagine the tedious work!! We collect Box Tops for Ashlyn's school and I always cut along the dotted lines! I'm glad I do... I didn't realize how strict they are about it!

Channyne \ˈsha-nən\ said...

I just stumbled on your blog looking to see if Labels and Box Tops were one in the same.... my children aren't in school yet but I still collect and donate Box Tops to our local school. I do as you suggest but I would love to share your suggestions on my blog as well. Hopefully I'll save a few headaches for another parent who volunteers their time as you do. Hope you don't mind. Thanks for posting your story!