I haven't been buried alive under a pile of Box Tops and Campbell's soup labels though. I've just been busy. It happens occasionally. I wish I could tell you all that I'm doing something exciting and/or that I have a great story to share about where my time has gone but I don't. It boils down to one child not having kindergarten this week (end of the year testing) and me still cutting out labels, etc. for school. Throw in a Dr. appointment, running the rest of the kids around, scrapbooking out of town last weekend and cleaning the house and you have a magic formula for making a mommy crazy.
Have I ever mentioned I hate summer? The kids get bored and grouchy. It was WAY too freaking hot and I don't do well or like hot. The only upsides are summer celebrations (there are 4 birthdays and 2 anniversaries in June in our family), cooking on the grill more and eating on the patio, playing in the sprinklers, flowers, not having to get up early for school, camping out in the backyard, road trips, and more. OK, I guess I only hate part of summer. The bored kids and the hot part. Oh and weeding the yard, but hubby likes gardening, etc. so I let him think he is winning on that one.
That Dr. appointment this week came with good and bad news. The Dr. I saw doesn't think my insurance will pay for a breast reduction but he does think the procedure would help me out. Other bad news is that he a provider on my insurance. Grr. I have another Dr. to see on Tuesday (who is on my insurance) and if she agrees about the insurance not paying then I'm just going to have to suck it up and pay for it out of pocket. I've wanted this for a very long time so I don't feel bad about the money for a reduction, it is the other work I'm considering. If I'm going under I figure I might as well have anything else I'm considering done at the same time
. I didn't feel (too) bad having my vision corrected and that has been AWESOME. Holy cow. If you are on the fence about LASIK please schedule an appointment to see if you qualify. If you do you will not be sorry. Twenty five years I wore glasses. Blind as a bat as they say. My BIL is an optician and he was amazed every time he looked thru my lenses (wow you are BLIND). Seeing your legs when you shave in the shower is a total bonus. Not knocking your glasses off the nightstand or behind the bed is even better. Wearing sunglasses that don't clip on or having to change from glasses to RX sunglasses is even better. I can swim and see what is going on. I can open the oven and not have them steam up. I can walk in the rain and not wish I had mini wipers installed on my frames. I could keep going but you get the picture. If I'm even close to being as satisfied with my reduction as I am with my eyesight I know I will be thrilled.
So until I have time to be on the computer more often, stay out of trouble, don't sell the kids to the gypsies and try to have a great weekend!
Heather
Friday, May 23, 2008
Yes I'm AWOL
Posted by Heather at 2:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
First off, where does one find said gypsies???
Kudos on the LASIK. I did it last summer and couldn't figure out why I hadn't done it much sooner. I had the same thoughts as you... seeing where I can swim and the whole leg shaving scenario!!
Post a Comment