CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

How cold is cold at your house?

On Thursday I wrote about the temperature being in the 50's when we were going to the zoo. A friend commented that was cold and she couldn't imagine going to the zoo when it was that cold. I had to laugh since it wasn't that cold and it had snowed two days earlier. I was thrilled for 50!!


As it turns out it was in the lower 50's. We all wore a sweatshirt or light fleece jacket and it was perfect. The day was clear and sunny and all the animals were out and active. When it gets too hot they all just lie there like they are dead. Too cold and they don't move much either though....

I live in Utah people. It gets below zero in late January or early February. If it is a mild winter I only wear a fleece jacket most days. I'm usually running from the house to the car to a building, back to the car, etc. There isn't a real need for a heavy parka unless you like sweating or feeling like you can't bend your arms. Personally I'll live with shivering for 5 miles if I don't have to wrestle with my coat all day. The summer normally has us in the upper 90's for July. There is usually a stretch of two weeks or so over 100 where you think you might melt and you run the AC on high and it still isn't cool enough. Yeah I know, it is a dry heat. Cooking to death is cooking do death! You are still miserable!

I want to move to Hawaii. But since I don't want to pay $12.00 for a gallon of milk I don't see that happening in the near future. Dh and I have sort of talked about moving to Southern California. We have joked about moving to San Diego for about 10 years but recently the idea has been nagging in the back of my brain. I've done a little reading online and hubby said he would just take a look to see what job opportunities are available with work. Who knows I've only ever lived in Utah. It might be nice to see another part of the country. And if we hated it we could always move back to Utah. I do have some friends who are going to yell at me when they read this. The acronym WTF comes to mind. LOL. I'll keep you posted as I muddle thru thinking it all out. But for now I need to get outside. I have bushes to prune. It is the city spring clean up and unless I want it to be my clean up I need to help the family.

Heather

2 comments:

Heather said...

WTF is almost exactly what I was thinking....

Noodle said...

LOL! 50 is a little too chilly for me to be outside for a long time. It's 60 here today, and that's awesome.