My poor computer had a meltdown. I didn't do anything I promise! It started acting up a week ago (on the 23rd) but I didn't realize something was amiss at the time. I was trying to burn some photos to DVD's. The big clue came on Wednesday when I was trying to upload photos. The card wouldn't read. Then things started running s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w-w-w-w-w-w. So down to the Apple store we went (kids, laptop and me).
Almost two hours later the official diagnosis was that I was screwed. My hard drive was going out. They would try to recover my info but it wasn't guaranteed. I left the store empty handed and sick to my stomach about the possibility of all my pictures being lost. I tried to back them up recently!! It wasn't my fault it was too late. LOL.
I got a call this afternoon saying everything was better and everything was moved over to the new drive. I tried to jump up and down in joy, but this is not advised when you are three weeks post op after major abdominal surgery and not wearing a bra. I'll try it again in a few months and let you know if it is any better.
So I'm all caught up on email, I've visited most of my favorite websites and I'm feeling good about things.
So if you haven't done a photo backup recently PLEASE GO DO ONE TODAY!!!!! You don't want to have to explain to your thirty year old daughter why there are no photos of her sixth birthday due to your idiocy.
Heather
2 comments:
I'm so glad your 'puter is all better. You seem to have a "way" with hard drives. :) Ken was just glad he didn't have to be the one to fix it this time, hahaha
OH NO!! I'm reminding my husband to do that TODAY.
(I? Not so computer savvy.)
Post a Comment