CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Simply awesome.

My hubby and I flew to Denver last year to see The Police in concert. We made a weekend out of it (the first time we had both left the kids home since we went on our honeymoon almost 11 years earlier!) and visited my SIL & BIL. The concert was great so when The Police made the announcement they were coming back to North America for another leg of their tour AND they were coming to Utah I was so excited.

The concert was last night and it was fabulous. Have I mentioned I love Sting? I have a love/hate relationship about seeing him in concert, but I still love his music.

The first time I was going to see Sting I got sick. With the chicken pox. At age 19. Two freaking days before the concert. Really sick. Really really sick. I ended up with a secondary infection, almost got put in the hospital and I missed three weeks of school (I was a sophomore in college).

Years later a friend felt bad about my experience and convinced her husband to get us tickets to see Sting. He worked for a company who owns radio stations nationwide and the company had box seats at the arena where Sting was playing. We had the best seats and the show was SO worth the wait! But alas, no pictures allowed.

When we went to Denver I really wanted to bring my camera. I was told I couldn't so we left it in the car. After we got in we found out it would have been ok. Grrr. We had really good seats so they would have been fabulous pictures.

Tonight I decided to leave my "nice" camera (Nikon D40X) at home and take my parents Kodak camera since it was smaller, etc. We were in the car on the way to the show when I realized the battery was dead. AURGH. We were on our way to pick up a friend so I called her and asked to borrow some batteries. No biggie, she had them. Put them in the camera, it powers up. It is a go! And then it shut off. I turned it back on, tried to view the photos on the card and it shut off again. And then it wouldn't turn on. I gave up and decided it wasn't my night. When we got into our seats I sent a message to a friend and it hit me. My "nice" camera was in the vehicle we drove to the concert! I took it to a friend's the day before and hadn't put it in the house. Of course, there was no re-entry so we couldn't go out and get it. Sigh. Our seats were even better here than in Denver.

Alas I will have to google Sting to drool over him and rely on my memories of his sweet voice. Or wait for another tour.

Heather

0 comments: