CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Top Five...

Have you seen the movie "High Fidelity"? The main character, Rob, gives his top five on pretty much anything that runs across his brain. Top five albums, top five girlfriends, top five song to play at his funeral (he owns a record store and is really into music). I think it is a great movie so in honor of it I'm giving you my top five reasons I love my computer (in no particular order).

1. It is a laptop. This means I can read my email, surf on the web and post on my blog from anywhere. The airport, the couch, the tub (though you have to be careful and keep everything dry), outside while the children are playing and you are keeping an eye on them, etc. You get the point. Convenience should be my middle name. BTW I am not typing this from the tub. Nope. Not me.

2. Programs have spell check. I failed spelling in school. I HATED it when my mom would tell me to look something up when I asked her how to spell it. Give me a freaking break, if I had any clue I wouldn't be asking. I somehow missed the phonic gene so I have very creative spelling. Some days my now-graduated-from-kindergarten-er spells better than I do. And most of it isn't made public to the entire world because of simple buttons that check things before I send it all out. Give the creator of spell check a Noble prize in something for his/her contribution to the world.

3. The vast amount of information at my fingertips. I can waste an entire day looking at boobs if I want to. Today it was only several hours. I wasn't surfing for pleasure though, I was looking at before and after photos of different techniques of breast reductions. I've got it narrowed down to two Dr's and they want to do different surgeries. Gah. I'm not liking making this decision. Anyhow, there are lots and lots of boobs out there, in case you were wondering. And if you have 24 hours to throw a report about lemurs together it is a snap! Photos too!!

4. The ability to keep in touch with friends. I have friends from all over the world that I talk to on a regular basis (some more regular than others). Just imagine the phone bill!! I'm sure the savings pays for our internet connection time and time again. If hubby cared or even knew what we paid for internet I would so use this as a selling point!!

5. It is sleek. It is pretty. It hasn't given me any trouble since I took it out of the box (with the exception that I can't connect my bodybugg up to it). It is a Mac. I don't want to say I'm in love with it, but the possibility is there. I'm very very fond of it so far. Our My computer is black so the Princess calls it the Blacktop instead of the laptop. Very clever, even if I am her mommy.

Heather

0 comments: