I have to admit it, buying a Wii wasn't a horrible idea. The kids have stayed occupied for the majority of the holiday break AND they got along for the most part!! From when school got out until Christmas was filled with hours and hours in the snow (we got hit with storm after storm) and getting ready for the holiday. Everyone was very excited about Christmas this year.
Emmy made presents for everyone in her family this year. They were all created with paper and tape. Some were made with yarn too. Matt got a lovely pink tree cut out of construction paper with a loop of yarn at the top. It had multiple uses, first it was an ornament BUT just wait!! when the holiday was over it could be used as a bookmark. Matt wasn't nearly as excited as Emmy when he opened the gift. Emmy also wrapped everything in layers and layers of wrapping paper. I got a couple of pictures but I can only remember one. Huge lips drawn on green paper and the word kiss. Em then gave me a million kisses because you can't wrap kisses. I don't remember what any of her other gifts were, but I do know they were straight from the heart.
So the holidays were great. Until two days before school started. And then the gloves came off. Drew looked at Matt who breathed on Emily who was in the same room as Drew, and he could SMELL HER!!! Or something similar. And those were the offenses that didn't involve not sharing games, tv time, snow shovels or touching something that may or may not belong to someone else. It has been cold enough that the 12 pack of coke on the porch froze and exploded. That is the only reason I didn't make them all go live in the garage. The last one standing would be allowed to finish any homework before going back to school today. But the freezing temps foiled my plans for revenge. So I had to resort to pulling out my referee shirt and time outs.
Today they all returned to school. And I went back to sleep. And enjoyed every quiet moment.
Heather
Monday, January 05, 2009
School is back in session!
Posted by Heather at 6:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment