CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

How to uninherit a family heirloom

My mom called me last week and asked if I had read the paper. Nope. She told me to go take a look at the front page of one sections, there was a guy who had the same angel she has on her tree.

I'll admit I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention and missed the excitement in her voice.

"You mean that old angel you put on the tree? The ugly one?"

Not the right thing to share. I now don't get the angel when she dies. She is saving the article from the paper and has written a note to go with it that says my brother gets the angel because Heather said it was ugly. It is dated as well as signed. I guess so it will be binding in a court of law.

Mom also didn't think it was very nice that I didn't care that I didn't get it. I have my own angel that I bought the year I got married. I paid a lot of money for her when we didn't have much money, and she makes me smile every year when I get her out. I don't need another angel. If I had one I wouldn't use it. The angel mom has was given to her after I moved out so there is no emotional attachment for me. It was used on the tree when she was growing up so there is special meaning for her.

So Rob, I've done you a favor, you get the angel that is 60 years old. There won't be a fight over her ;-) She is ALL yours!!! You can see what the fuss is here.

We now know the angel is over 60 years old. Mom's doesn't light up and has new clothes and the wings needed fixing (or were replaced or something). But other than that it is *exactly* the same.

Heather

0 comments: