CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Oh I'm SUCH a slacker!

I've been so bad at posting lately. I've got lots of excuses though.

I've been spending huge amounts of time reading to prepare myself for my upcoming surgery.

The kids are out of school and actually demand being fed multiple times a day!

My friend's daughter turns one on Wednesday and we had a party at our house over the weekend to celebrate. The friend lives aobut 2 hours away and she didn't wnat to make everyone drive to their house. It wasn't really a big deal to offer our place.

Hubby had an employee transfer out of state so the weekend before we had a going away BBQ.

The 4th of July. Except I got sick late in the day and stayed home while the family went to a BBQ. Here in Utah we celebrate Pioneer Day (July 24th) and it is almost a bigger deal than the 4th. What are we celebrating? The day Brigham Young came into the valley and said "This is the Place". My own version includes something about how his wives were tired of walking all over and told him to pick a spot or they were not going to give him any more lovin'. If you have ever been to Utah at the end of July you too might agree and seriously question picking this as "THE Place". You would have to be nuts or under serious pressure.

And then throw in all that other stuff you do in the summer. Ride bikes, swim in the neighbor's pool, go to the local pool, try to kill your sibling, do your best to stay cool in the heat. Yes, I know it is a dry heat. It is still freaking hot. We haven't gotten into the unbearable 100's yet but I'll tell you anything over about 105 takes on a whole new meaning to the word hot. We all do our best to survive during daylight hours and come out when it cools off. Please let me pretend that the electric bill is free for July and August. Water bill too, even though the lawn is still dying in places.

So where ever you may be I hope things are treating you well. Enjoy a frozen treat and think of me. I like orange popsicles the best!

Heather

0 comments: