It has taken me almost two months but I finally decided on a surgeon and scheduled my breast reduction. I don't meet the requirements for my insurance company to pay for it, but it is important enough to me so I'm paying for it.
I have just over six weeks to get myself all excited, worried and everything in the middle of those emotions. I've done lots of research and reading so I am comfortable with it all. The hardest part was deciding which doctor to use. I ultimately went with my gut. Something this big really isn't the time to go with the lowest bid. LOL.
I'm ok with it all for now, but give me time. I'm sure I'll change my mind next week. I don't like waiting so that is going to be hard. It will all be worth it in the end. From what I've been told (and read) a reduction is the surgery with the highest satisfaction rate! It doesn't take rocket science to figure out why. Let's see: saggy boob, HUGE boobs, shirts that don't fit, can't buy a dress because I need a top that is either 3 or 4 sizes bigger than my waist (or more!), problems exercising because they are in the way and they hurt when I do jumping or running, back pain, shoulder pain, poor posture, headaches, and tingles in my fingers and hands (I never knew that was a symptom). And those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head! LOL. Oh and bras for big boobs are not cheap. And not always attractive either. LOL.
I'll get some "before" photos up before I go in for surgery so you can see the difference. It can take up to six months for everything to settle, etc. so it won't be and overnight transformation. I'm ok with that. I'm happy with a six month transformation. After all, it has taken me a year and a half to lose the weight I was carrying around, I have figured out that looking good doesn't happen in the blink of an eye. I didn't get fat overnight, LOL. It took three kids and about 10 years to get me to where I was. But I wouldn't go back and change things. I have learned a lot about my self thru all this. And shocked my friends and family! They knew I could do it, after all I'm more than a little stubborn, the question was would I do it. I do not exercise on purpose, or at least I didn't. I don't do sports, I don't really like the outdoors, I'm not that girl. But I've made changes and now I do exercise on purpose and it shows! Whoo hoo!!
Heather
Sunday, June 22, 2008
I finally did it!!
Posted by Heather at 4:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Congrats Heather!!! I think that you will be crazy happy once you have the surgery. You'll be lighter and shopping will be fun again! And I think if something really bothers you and you have the power and means to change it, then you should! I can't wait to see the results!
Post a Comment